DPDK patches and discussions
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [dpdk-dev] Marvell DPDK v20.08 Roadmap
@ 2020-05-29 12:50 Jerin Kollanukkaran
  2020-06-02 16:46 ` Thomas Monjalon
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Jerin Kollanukkaran @ 2020-05-29 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk-dev, Thomas Monjalon
  Cc: Prasun Kapoor, Pavan Nikhilesh Bhagavatula, Andrzej Ostruszka [C],
	Nithin Kumar Dabilpuram, Satheesh Paul, Sunil Kumar Kori,
	Anoob Joseph, Narayana Prasad Raju Athreya, Dovrat Zifroni,
	Igor Russkikh, Ameen Rahman, Rasesh Mody, Nagadheeraj Rottela,
	Srikanth Jampala


General:
~~~~~~~~
1)  hash: unify crc32 API header for x86 and ARM
http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/70132/

2) rte_log registration simplification using constructor scheme
http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2020-May/168874.html

3) PCI probe optimization by removing RTE_KDRV_NONE based probe
http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2020-May/168656.html

Networking:
~~~~~~~~~~
4) add Tx offloads for packet marking
http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/68733/

5) IF Proxy library
http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/69690/

6) Add l2fwd support for forwarding between asymmetric ports.
http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/69405/

7) test: add reassembly performance test
http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/67756/

Cryptography:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
8) examples/ipsec-secgw: add per core packet stats
http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/70193/

9) examples/ipsec-secgw: Introduce "flow" rules to allow packet distribution using rte_flow APIs

Eventdev:
~~~~~~~~
10) doc: add eventdev feature matrix
http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/66084/

Regexdev:
~~~~~~~~~
11) Review regexdev: introduce regexdev subsystem
http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/69920/

octeontx2 network PMD:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
12) Add devargs for locking the NDC context for NIX.
http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/67489/

13) Add packet mirroring support

octeotx2 crypto PMD:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
14) Lookaside protocol support
15) ChaChaPoly support  

octeontx2 eventdev PMD:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16) Performance improvement

Qede network PMD:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
17) Debug facilities: comprehensive debug data collection for problem/issues analysis
18) SRIOV-PF support 

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Marvell DPDK v20.08 Roadmap
  2020-05-29 12:50 [dpdk-dev] Marvell DPDK v20.08 Roadmap Jerin Kollanukkaran
@ 2020-06-02 16:46 ` Thomas Monjalon
  2020-06-02 17:36   ` Jerin Jacob
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2020-06-02 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerin Kollanukkaran
  Cc: dpdk-dev, Prasun Kapoor, Pavan Nikhilesh Bhagavatula,
	Andrzej Ostruszka [C],
	Nithin Kumar Dabilpuram, Satheesh Paul, Sunil Kumar Kori,
	Anoob Joseph, Narayana Prasad Raju Athreya, Dovrat Zifroni,
	Igor Russkikh, Ameen Rahman, Rasesh Mody, Nagadheeraj Rottela,
	Srikanth Jampala, orika

29/05/2020 14:50, Jerin Kollanukkaran:
> Regexdev:
> ~~~~~~~~~
> 11) Review regexdev: introduce regexdev subsystem

If I remember well, you were targetting DPDK 20.08
to introduce a new regex PMD.
I am surprised this roadmap mentions only reviewing the API.



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Marvell DPDK v20.08 Roadmap
  2020-06-02 16:46 ` Thomas Monjalon
@ 2020-06-02 17:36   ` Jerin Jacob
  2020-06-02 18:34     ` Ori Kam
  2020-06-02 21:58     ` Thomas Monjalon
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Jerin Jacob @ 2020-06-02 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon
  Cc: Jerin Kollanukkaran, dpdk-dev, Prasun Kapoor,
	Pavan Nikhilesh Bhagavatula, Andrzej Ostruszka [C],
	Nithin Kumar Dabilpuram, Satheesh Paul, Sunil Kumar Kori,
	Anoob Joseph, Narayana Prasad Raju Athreya, Dovrat Zifroni,
	Igor Russkikh, Ameen Rahman, Rasesh Mody, Nagadheeraj Rottela,
	Srikanth Jampala, Ori Kam

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 10:16 PM Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net> wrote:
>
> 29/05/2020 14:50, Jerin Kollanukkaran:
> > Regexdev:
> > ~~~~~~~~~
> > 11) Review regexdev: introduce regexdev subsystem
>
> If I remember well, you were targetting DPDK 20.08
> to introduce a new regex PMD.
> I am surprised this roadmap mentions only reviewing the API.

Yes. If I understand the concern correctly. It may translate to NOT
have regexdev gets merged to v20.08 as
1) I dont see the PMD in Mellanox roadmap
and
2) We need at least one HW driver to merge a subsystem code.






>
>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Marvell DPDK v20.08 Roadmap
  2020-06-02 17:36   ` Jerin Jacob
@ 2020-06-02 18:34     ` Ori Kam
  2020-06-03  3:10       ` Jerin Jacob
  2020-06-02 21:58     ` Thomas Monjalon
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Ori Kam @ 2020-06-02 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerin Jacob, Thomas Monjalon
  Cc: Jerin Kollanukkaran, dpdk-dev, Prasun Kapoor,
	Pavan Nikhilesh Bhagavatula, Andrzej Ostruszka [C],
	Nithin Kumar Dabilpuram, Satheesh Paul, Sunil Kumar Kori,
	Anoob Joseph, Narayana Prasad Raju Athreya, Dovrat Zifroni,
	Igor Russkikh, Ameen Rahman, Rasesh Mody, Nagadheeraj Rottela,
	Srikanth Jampala



> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jerin Jacob <jerinjacobk@gmail.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 8:37 PM
> Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] Marvell DPDK v20.08 Roadmap
> 
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 10:16 PM Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > 29/05/2020 14:50, Jerin Kollanukkaran:
> > > Regexdev:
> > > ~~~~~~~~~
> > > 11) Review regexdev: introduce regexdev subsystem
> >
> > If I remember well, you were targetting DPDK 20.08
> > to introduce a new regex PMD.
> > I am surprised this roadmap mentions only reviewing the API.
> 
> Yes. If I understand the concern correctly. It may translate to NOT
> have regexdev gets merged to v20.08 as
> 1) I dont see the PMD in Mellanox roadmap
> and
> 2) We need at least one HW driver to merge a subsystem code.
> 


Mellanox plans to have a driver ready for 20.08.
In DPDK 20.08 Mellanox Roadmap it states:
Introduce new rte_regex API as one of the main things we plan
for this release.

This is also why I must get your ack on the RTE level API.

Best,
Ori
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> >
> >

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Marvell DPDK v20.08 Roadmap
  2020-06-02 17:36   ` Jerin Jacob
  2020-06-02 18:34     ` Ori Kam
@ 2020-06-02 21:58     ` Thomas Monjalon
  2020-06-03  3:14       ` Jerin Jacob
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2020-06-02 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerin Kollanukkaran
  Cc: dev, dpdk-dev, Prasun Kapoor, Pavan Nikhilesh Bhagavatula,
	Andrzej Ostruszka [C],
	Nithin Kumar Dabilpuram, Satheesh Paul, Sunil Kumar Kori,
	Anoob Joseph, Narayana Prasad Raju Athreya, Dovrat Zifroni,
	Igor Russkikh, Ameen Rahman, Rasesh Mody, Nagadheeraj Rottela,
	Srikanth Jampala, Ori Kam, Jerin Jacob

02/06/2020 19:36, Jerin Jacob:
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 10:16 PM Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net> wrote:
> > 29/05/2020 14:50, Jerin Kollanukkaran:
> > > Regexdev:
> > > ~~~~~~~~~
> > > 11) Review regexdev: introduce regexdev subsystem
> >
> > If I remember well, you were targetting DPDK 20.08
> > to introduce a new regex PMD.
> > I am surprised this roadmap mentions only reviewing the API.
> 
> Yes. If I understand the concern correctly. It may translate to NOT
> have regexdev gets merged to v20.08 as
> 1) I dont see the PMD in Mellanox roadmap

Mellanox PMD is in 20.08 roadmap.

> and
> 2) We need at least one HW driver to merge a subsystem code.

The real question is about the plan for the driver based on libpcre,
which was announced in the previous roadmap?
Do you want to drop it from the roadmap page?



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Marvell DPDK v20.08 Roadmap
  2020-06-02 18:34     ` Ori Kam
@ 2020-06-03  3:10       ` Jerin Jacob
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Jerin Jacob @ 2020-06-03  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ori Kam
  Cc: Thomas Monjalon, Jerin Kollanukkaran, dpdk-dev, Prasun Kapoor,
	Pavan Nikhilesh Bhagavatula, Andrzej Ostruszka [C],
	Nithin Kumar Dabilpuram, Satheesh Paul, Sunil Kumar Kori,
	Anoob Joseph, Narayana Prasad Raju Athreya, Dovrat Zifroni,
	Igor Russkikh, Ameen Rahman, Rasesh Mody, Nagadheeraj Rottela,
	Srikanth Jampala

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 12:04 AM Ori Kam <orika@mellanox.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Jerin Jacob <jerinjacobk@gmail.com>
> > Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 8:37 PM
> > Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] Marvell DPDK v20.08 Roadmap
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 10:16 PM Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > 29/05/2020 14:50, Jerin Kollanukkaran:
> > > > Regexdev:
> > > > ~~~~~~~~~
> > > > 11) Review regexdev: introduce regexdev subsystem
> > >
> > > If I remember well, you were targetting DPDK 20.08
> > > to introduce a new regex PMD.
> > > I am surprised this roadmap mentions only reviewing the API.
> >
> > Yes. If I understand the concern correctly. It may translate to NOT
> > have regexdev gets merged to v20.08 as
> > 1) I dont see the PMD in Mellanox roadmap
> > and
> > 2) We need at least one HW driver to merge a subsystem code.
> >
>
>
> Mellanox plans to have a driver ready for 20.08.
> In DPDK 20.08 Mellanox Roadmap it states:
> Introduce new rte_regex API as one of the main things we plan
> for this release.
>
> This is also why I must get your ack on the RTE level API.

Sure. The review is planned.

>
> Best,
> Ori
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > >
> > >

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Marvell DPDK v20.08 Roadmap
  2020-06-02 21:58     ` Thomas Monjalon
@ 2020-06-03  3:14       ` Jerin Jacob
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Jerin Jacob @ 2020-06-03  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon
  Cc: Jerin Kollanukkaran, dpdk-dev, Prasun Kapoor,
	Pavan Nikhilesh Bhagavatula, Andrzej Ostruszka [C],
	Nithin Kumar Dabilpuram, Satheesh Paul, Sunil Kumar Kori,
	Anoob Joseph, Narayana Prasad Raju Athreya, Dovrat Zifroni,
	Igor Russkikh, Ameen Rahman, Rasesh Mody, Nagadheeraj Rottela,
	Srikanth Jampala, Ori Kam

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 3:29 AM Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net> wrote:
>
> 02/06/2020 19:36, Jerin Jacob:
> > On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 10:16 PM Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net> wrote:
> > > 29/05/2020 14:50, Jerin Kollanukkaran:
> > > > Regexdev:
> > > > ~~~~~~~~~
> > > > 11) Review regexdev: introduce regexdev subsystem
> > >
> > > If I remember well, you were targetting DPDK 20.08
> > > to introduce a new regex PMD.
> > > I am surprised this roadmap mentions only reviewing the API.
> >
> > Yes. If I understand the concern correctly. It may translate to NOT
> > have regexdev gets merged to v20.08 as
> > 1) I dont see the PMD in Mellanox roadmap
>
> Mellanox PMD is in 20.08 roadmap.

Good to know.

>
> > and
> > 2) We need at least one HW driver to merge a subsystem code.
>
> The real question is about the plan for the driver based on libpcre,
> which was announced in the previous roadmap?
> Do you want to drop it from the roadmap page?

No. Planning to postpone to the next release.


>
>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2020-06-03  3:14 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 7+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-05-29 12:50 [dpdk-dev] Marvell DPDK v20.08 Roadmap Jerin Kollanukkaran
2020-06-02 16:46 ` Thomas Monjalon
2020-06-02 17:36   ` Jerin Jacob
2020-06-02 18:34     ` Ori Kam
2020-06-03  3:10       ` Jerin Jacob
2020-06-02 21:58     ` Thomas Monjalon
2020-06-03  3:14       ` Jerin Jacob

DPDK patches and discussions

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/0 dev/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 dev dev/ https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev \
		dev@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index dev

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.dev


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git