* [dpdk-dev] Using pktgen-dpdk with Lua
@ 2020-05-06 15:14 Tiffany Kalin
From: Tiffany Kalin @ 2020-05-06 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello,

I'm wanting to use Lua scripts with pktgen-dpdk, but when I run pktgen-dpdk
it can't find the Pktgen.lua or Pktgen.so even with the test scripts. How
do I setup my system so that I can use the Pktgen Lua module? Is there an
installation step I'm missing to generate the Pktgen Lua module?

Thank you,

--
Tiffany Kalin
Colorado School of Mines, B.S./M.S. Computer Science 2018

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Using pktgen-dpdk with Lua
@ 2020-05-06 22:20 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2020-05-06 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tiffany Kalin; +Cc: dev

> On May 6, 2020, at 10:14 AM, Tiffany Kalin <tikalin@alumni.mines.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm wanting to use Lua scripts with pktgen-dpdk, but when I run pktgen-dpdk
> it can't find the Pktgen.lua or Pktgen.so even with the test scripts. How
> do I setup my system so that I can use the Pktgen Lua module? Is there an
> installation step I'm missing to generate the Pktgen Lua module?

The Pktgen.lua file is located in the top level directory and you also need to make this directory your working directory. Meaning you need to start pktgen from the directory via the ./tools/run.py or ./app/x86_64-native-linux-gcc/pktgen

The Pktgen.so file is located in the same place as the executable and you have to use LD_LIBRARY_PATH or add it to ldconfig.