* [dpdk-dev] support for X552/X557-AT 10GBase-T devices
@ 2015-11-10 21:08 Aws Ismail
From: Aws Ismail @ 2015-11-10 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

I am wondering if there is support for such device in the ixgbe PMD.

the dpdk nic bind script seems to see them correctly but when running
testpmd with those ports, they always come with link status down.

>From the dpdk_nic_bind script (snip):

Network devices using DPDK-compatible driver
0000:03:00.0 'Ethernet Connection X552/X557-AT 10GBASE-T' drv=igb_uio unused=
0000:03:00.1 'Ethernet Connection X552/X557-AT 10GBASE-T' drv=igb_uio unused=

And I am starting testpmd with this command line:

./testpmd -c 0x7  -n 4 -- -i

I have enabled all the ixgbe debugging messages and I have noticed
this messages when testpmd starts:

PMD: ixgbe_device_supports_autoneg_fc(): Device 15ad does not support
flow control autoneg

I am using the latest dpdk on master branch as of today.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] support for X552/X557-AT 10GBase-T devices
@ 2015-11-13 20:33     ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2015-11-13 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aws Ismail; +Cc: dev

2015-11-13 13:13, Aws Ismail:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Thomas Monjalon
> <thomas.monjalon@6wind.com> wrote:
> > 2015-11-13 11:32, Aws Ismail:
> >> I have looked at the ixgbe PMD code and I can see 0x15AD being
> >> mentioned in the device list but I am unable to fully use it even with
> >> the testpmd app.
> >
> > So I think you can send a bug report on this list.
>
> Is there a process to file a bug? on the dev page
> (http://dpdk.org/dev) there is no mention about how to send in a bug
> report. Is there a bugzilla page for DPDK somewhere?

There is still no bug tracker.
You can send an email describing the issue and how to reproduce it.
It will be better seen if you add [BUG] in the title.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] support for X552/X557-AT 10GBase-T devices
@ 2015-11-13 18:13   ` Aws Ismail
From: Aws Ismail @ 2015-11-13 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Thomas Monjalon
<thomas.monjalon@6wind.com> wrote:
> 2015-11-13 11:32, Aws Ismail:
>> I just wanted to confirm whether the 0x15ad X552/X557-AT 10GBase-T
>> devices are currently "fully" supported by DPDK (master).
>
> My understanding is that it is supported:
>         http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/commit/?id=2e83c81bad
> (but you can have a hint in the last letters of the commit id ;)

Thanks Thomas for the reply,

:) I would agree on that. It seems to me support is just experimental for now.

@ 2015-11-13 16:40 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2015-11-13 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aws Ismail; +Cc: dev

@ 2015-11-13 16:32 Aws Ismail
From: Aws Ismail @ 2015-11-13 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi all,

I have sent in an earlier email, but it seems it did not get any reply.

I just wanted to confirm whether the 0x15ad X552/X557-AT 10GBase-T
devices are currently "fully" supported by DPDK (master).

Does anyone know about this?

I have looked at the ixgbe PMD code and I can see 0x15AD being
mentioned in the device list but I am unable to fully use it even with
the testpmd app.

I understand that the 0x15ad devices are not yet fully supported in
the mainline kernel (even in 4.3.x) as of yet, but I wonder if the PMD
usually lags behind the mainline driver.

Thanks for your time.