* [dpdk-dev] Intel XXV710 NIC drops K8S IPIP Over GRE packet
@ 2019-03-08 10:34 kai xi fan
From: kai xi fan @ 2019-03-08 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

Recently our customers complained that their pod could not ping each other
in their k8s group.
After some debug, we found that pod sends ' IPIP Over GRE ' packet.
And DPDK fetch pkt_type from packet descriptor, and it's always zero for
this type of packet without IPV4 flag set.
The packet descriptor is generated by XXV710 NIC.

Our application relies on pkt_type to see if packet's type is IPV4 or not.
So we turn to parse ether type ourselves.

Best regards

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-03-08 10:34 UTC | newest]