* [dpdk-dev] VIRTIO indication
@ 2014-10-28 17:21 Yan Freedland
From: Yan Freedland @ 2014-10-28 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi

In my multi process system I need to support 2 modes of work: pass through and VIRTIO.
I saw that in order to work in a VIRTIO mode I need to update the txq_flags (part of the rte_eth_txconf structure) as follows:
.txq_flags = ETH_TXQ_FLAGS_NOMULTSEGS | ETH_TXQ_FLAGS_NOOFFLOADS

In pass - through however, this parameter should remain 0 (default value). Apparently I need to update this parameter in runtime. Is there any flag that can give me any indication on a mode I am running in.

Thank you,
Yan

* Re: [dpdk-dev] VIRTIO indication
@ 2014-10-28 17:27 ` Alex Markuze
From: Alex Markuze @ 2014-10-28 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yan Freedland; +Cc: dev

Each device can tell you the driver name its bound to . This is enough to
have separate configuration paths for vmxnet/virtio/ixgbe/etc...