* [dpdk-dev] How to use dpdk ring and mem lib in kernel level?
@ 2014-08-17  6:10 GongJinrong
From: GongJinrong @ 2014-08-17  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi, guys

   Can dpdk support allocate mempool and create ring in kernel level? I know
dpdk is user space driver, but many application need a channel to transmit
data from kernel to user space without any hardware dependency(just like pf
ring)? Anyone has a sample like this?

Best Regards
John Gong

* Re: [dpdk-dev] How to use dpdk ring and mem lib in kernel level?
@ 2014-08-18 12:09 ` Richardson, Bruce
From: Richardson, Bruce @ 2014-08-18 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
>    Can dpdk support allocate mempool and create ring in kernel level? I know
> dpdk is user space driver, but many application need a channel to transmit
> data from kernel to user space without any hardware dependency(just like pf
> ring)? Anyone has a sample like this?
>
> Best Regards
> John Gong

Have you looked at the KNI kernel module and library, it might provide what you need? It is documented in the programmers guide, if you want to read up about it.

Regards,
/Bruce

* Re: [dpdk-dev] How to use dpdk ring and mem lib in kernel level?
@ 2014-08-19  2:14   ` GongJinrong
From: GongJinrong @ 2014-08-19  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Richardson, Bruce', dev

Thanks, Bruce, it's a good sample.