* [dpdk-dev] l2fwd consumes 100% cpu
@ 2015-06-08  1:05 Victor Detoni
From: Victor Detoni @ 2015-06-08  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

hello,

I'm looking for some documentation about this issue, but I could found yet.
So, I would like to know if there is some resource like a poll or select to
put on l2fwd_main_loop?

It would be great to analyse cpu consumption, because I can see 100% of cpu
with no traffic pass through it.

thanks
Victor

* Re: [dpdk-dev] l2fwd consumes 100% cpu
@ 2015-06-08  6:52 ` Liang, Cunming
From: Liang, Cunming @ 2015-06-08  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Victor Detoni; +Cc: dev

The way to limit the cpu utilization is set a specific quota for your thread by cgroup.
If you do like to sleep your thread when there's no traffic.
There's a patch set to enable thread wait-up from epoll_wait by one shot rx interrupt.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.networking.dpdk.devel/18942