* [dpdk-dev] [Pktgen] Re: Queries on Pktgen
@ 2015-03-16 16:11 Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2015-03-16 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shankari Vaidyalingam; +Cc: dev

Please make sure you add ‘[Pktgen]’ to the subject line to make it easier to spot your emails on Pktgen.

From: Shankari Vaidyalingam <shankari.v2k6@gmail.com<mailto:shankari.v2k6@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, March 16, 2015 at 8:34 AM
To: Keith Wiles <keith.wiles@intel.com<mailto:keith.wiles@intel.com>>
Cc: "dev@dpdk.org<mailto:dev@dpdk.org>" <dev@dpdk.org<mailto:dev@dpdk.org>>
Subject: Re: Queries on Pktgen

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your response.
I did try giving the pcap file in the -s option but I was not able to see any pcap files getting generated by the pktgen.
I also tried giving in the -f option but it also doesnt seem to recognize.
Please let me know how to resolve this.

Regards
Shankari.V

From: Shankari Vaidyalingam <shankari.v2k6@gmail.com<mailto:shankari.v2k6@gmail.com>>
Date: Sunday, March 15, 2015 at 2:53 AM
To: "dev@dpdk.org<mailto:dev@dpdk.org>" <dev@dpdk.org<mailto:dev@dpdk.org>>
Cc: Keith Wiles <keith.wiles@intel.com<mailto:keith.wiles@intel.com>>
Subject: Queries on Pktgen

Hi,

For testing an application that I'd developed,  I'd like to send LLDP frames from pktgen to the NIC port and then use DPDK to receive packets from the port and process the packets.

I have a PCAP file which contains LLDP frames in it.
I heard that pktgen has the ability to generate the packets specified in input pcap file.
I checked the options available with pktgen and can see only -s and -f options to be relevant.
But -s option seems to indicate the output pcap file, and -f option is for specifying the Lua script or command list to execute.

KW: The -s P:PCAP_file is used to define the port and file for sending via Pktgen, so the –s option is the correct one to use.

Hence please let me know which option I need to use for specifying the input pcap file from which the pktgen should generate the packets from,
 Also would like to know how I can specify the transmit and receive ports separately in the pktgen commandline

Regards
Shankari.V

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-03-16 16:11 UTC | newest]