From: Honnappa Nagarahalli <Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com>
To: "thomas@monjalon.net" <thomas@monjalon.net>
Cc: "ferruh.yigit@intel.com" <ferruh.yigit@intel.com>,
	"david.marchand@redhat.com" <david.marchand@redhat.com>,
	"dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>, Phil Yang <Phil.Yang@arm.com>,
	"techboard@dpdk.org" <techboard@dpdk.org>, nd <nd@arm.com>,
	Ruifeng Wang <Ruifeng.Wang@arm.com>,
	Honnappa Nagarahalli <Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com>,
	nd <nd@arm.com>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] Using C11 atomic semantic
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 15:44:16 +0000	[thread overview]

+Ruifeng

As far as I know no patch with rte_atomic has gone in 20.08 so far. Are there any patches in RC2/RC3 that need rte_atomic APIs?

> Can we make this rule better advertised with an announce message?
Do you mean an email on dpdk-announce mailing list?

> Are the current technical explanations enough?
The documentation patch you referenced above covers most common cases people will encounter. Even the rte_ring/rte_stack algorithms work on the same principles.

> If not, it would be wonderful to have a blog post explaining the details, as
> part of an announce.
This is in the works. The plan is to send it to you soon and get it out along with the release.