* Re: [dpdk-dev] TR: PMD for Cisco VIC Ethernet NIC - Request for guidelines for submission
       [not found] <002101cfd235$b57b9ab0$2072d010$@com>
@ 2014-09-17  5:21 ` Hobywan Kenoby
From: Hobywan Kenoby @ 2014-09-17  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi Sujith,
I missed you mail! probably because of huge DPDK list activity.
As I was checking what was hapening (and expected some announcement at DPDK summit or IDF to be honest) I saw your mail.
I was thinking of the new vectorized packet handling functions exposed in ixgbe_rxtx_vec.c.
- HK

> From :ssujith@cisco.com<mailto:ssujith@cisco.com>
> Date: Monday, July 21, 2014 5:39 AM
> To : Hobywan Kenoby; dev@dpdk.org
> Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] PMD for Cisco VIC Ethernet NIC - Request for
> guidelines for submission
>
> Hi Hobywan,
>
> We’re still working on benchmarking, and would share the numbers once we are
> done with it.
> Could you please elaborate on vectorisation functions?
>
> Thanks,
> -Sujith
>
> From: Hobywan Kenoby <hobywank@hotmail.com<mailto:hobywank@hotmail.com>>
> Date: Friday, 11 July 2014 6:46 pm
> To: "Sujith Sankar (ssujith)" <ssujith@cisco.com<mailto:ssujith@cisco.com>>,
> "dev@dpdk.org<mailto:dev@dpdk.org>" <dev@dpdk.org<mailto:dev@dpdk.org>>
> Subject: RE: [dpdk-dev] PMD for Cisco VIC Ethernet NIC - Request for
> guidelines for submission
>
> Hi Sujith,
>
> It makes sens, using VFIO makes a far cleaner implementation.
>
> You worked on the performance, could you share some measurements ? Did you
> introduce vectorization functions as Intel did a while ago? There are
> allways tradeoffs between pps and latency, do you include documentation to
> configure the card for one or the other?
>
> HK
> ________________________________
> From: ssujith@cisco.com<mailto:ssujith@cisco.com>
> To: hobywank@hotmail.com<mailto:hobywank@hotmail.com>;
> dev@dpdk.org<mailto:dev@dpdk.org>
> Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] PMD for Cisco VIC Ethernet NIC - Request for
> guidelines for submission
> Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 07:46:08 +0000
>
> Hi Hobywan,
> Thanks for the email !
>
> We’ve been working on performance benchmarking.  Also, we felt that it would
> be better to push the driver after Anatoly’s patch (vfio-pci) got in so that
> we could make the necessary modification before submission.
> Now that 1.7.0 is out, we are hopeful of submitting the patch soon.
>
> Thanks,
> -Sujith
>
> From: Hobywan Kenoby <hobywank@hotmail.com<mailto:hobywank@hotmail.com>>
> Date: Thursday, 10 July 2014 1:37 am
> To: "Sujith Sankar (ssujith)" <ssujith@cisco.com<mailto:ssujith@cisco.com>>,
> "dev@dpdk.org<mailto:dev@dpdk.org>" <dev@dpdk.org<mailto:dev@dpdk.org>>
> Subject: RE: [dpdk-dev] PMD for Cisco VIC Ethernet NIC - Request for
> guidelines for submission
>
> Hi Sujith,
>
> It was exciting to see open source code coming from Cisco ensuring a DPDK
> application can run on any platform and with any card....
> I haven't seen your patch yet. What happened?
>
> HK
>

> > Date : Wed, 28 May 2014 08:06
>
> > From : dev [mailto:dev-bounces@dpdk.org]
>
> > To : dev@dpdk.org<mailto:dev@dpdk.org>
>
> > Subject : [dpdk-dev] PMD for Cisco VIC Ethernet NIC - Request for
> guidelines
>
> > for submission
>

> > Hi all,

> [...]

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-09-17  5:15 UTC | newest]