* [dpdk-dev] ZUC PMD as shared library
@ 2016-10-08 17:19 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-10-08 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pablo.de.lara.guarch; +Cc: dev

Hi Pablo,

You are probably aware of the issue, but I would like to make it clear
in case someone else run into the same trouble:

It is impossible to build the ZUC crypto PMD as a shared library:

libsso-zuc-0.1.1/build/libsso_zuc.a(sso_zuc_yasm.o):
	relocation R_X86_64_32 against `EK_d' can not be used
	when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

The library libsso-zuc-0.1.1 needs an update to make the asm code
relocatable.
Should we explicit this limitation in the PMD doc?

* Re: [dpdk-dev] ZUC PMD as shared library
@ 2016-10-12  2:23 ` De Lara Guarch, Pablo
From: De Lara Guarch, Pablo @ 2016-10-12  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for not replying to this earlier.
Yes, you are right, thanks for pointing it out.
I think the same problem is in KASUMI, so I will send a doc update for both PMDs.

Thanks,
Pablo

* Re: [dpdk-dev] ZUC PMD as shared library
@ 2016-10-12  7:22   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-10-12  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: De Lara Guarch, Pablo; +Cc: dev

2016-10-12 02:23, De Lara Guarch, Pablo:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> From: Thomas Monjalon [mailto:thomas.monjalon@6wind.com]
> >
> > Hi Pablo,
> >
> > You are probably aware of the issue, but I would like to make it clear
> > in case someone else run into the same trouble:
> >
> > It is impossible to build the ZUC crypto PMD as a shared library:
> >
> > libsso-zuc-0.1.1/build/libsso_zuc.a(sso_zuc_yasm.o):
> > 	relocation R_X86_64_32 against `EK_d' can not be used
> > 	when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
> >
> > The library libsso-zuc-0.1.1 needs an update to make the asm code
> > relocatable.
> > Should we explicit this limitation in the PMD doc?
>
> Sorry for not replying to this earlier.
> Yes, you are right, thanks for pointing it out.
> I think the same problem is in KASUMI, so I will send a doc update for both PMDs.

No, KASUMI works as shared library, because there is no asm code.

Documenting the bug would be nice as a first step.
But it is a serious bug, so a fix in ZUC library is highly desirable.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] ZUC PMD as shared library
@ 2016-10-13 18:30     ` De Lara Guarch, Pablo
From: De Lara Guarch, Pablo @ 2016-10-13 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev

Hi Thomas,

Will document it. Once the library is fixed, it will be announce and I will remove the note.

Thanks,
Pablo

* Re: [dpdk-dev] ZUC PMD as shared library
@ 2017-04-05  9:46 ` De Lara Guarch, Pablo
From: De Lara Guarch, Pablo @ 2017-04-05  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, dev

Hi Thomas,

It is not currently, and this limitation was added in the PMD documentation.
This limitation will be fixed in the next release of the underlying library,
which should be released this month.

Thanks,
Pablo

@ 2017-04-04 12:15 Thomas Monjalon