* [dpdk-dev] VLAN header insertion and removal
@ 2014-12-20 18:39 Padam Jeet Singh
From: Padam Jeet Singh @ 2014-12-20 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello,

I have done a simple mbuf adjust and prepend to achieve the removal and insertion of the vlan header and it works fine. The use case is something similar to the l3fwd example where one port has traffic coming in on multiple vlans and the other port has no vlans. The packet processing path in the middle inserts or removes the vlan.

Is there an offload flag or mode where this can be done in hardware? Or is there a more optimized way to do this in dpdk? For sake of performance I want to avoid the copy ethernet header, modify mbuf, copy back the header steps.

Thanks,
Padam
Sent from my mobile. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.