* [dpdk-dev] GSO/GRO support
@ 2017-02-10 22:56 Kiran KN
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Kiran KN @ 2017-02-10 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

We, at Juniper Opencontrail have added software support for TCP send offload and receive offload to DPDK.

If the community is interested, we can publish/upstream it.

Pl let us know what you think of it.

Thanks,
 Kiran

* Re: [dpdk-dev] GSO/GRO support
@ 2017-02-13  9:27 ` Kavanagh, Mark B
From: Kavanagh, Mark B @ 2017-02-13  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kiran KN, dev

>We, at Juniper Opencontrail have added software support for TCP send offload and receive
>offload to DPDK.
>
>If the community is interested, we can publish/upstream it.
>
>Pl let us know what you think of it.

Hi Kiran,

I'd be very interested in this, with a view to integrating your APIs into Open vSwitch as a software fallback option for situations in which a particular NIC doesn't support TSO/LRO.

If/when you release the code I'd be happy to review and/or test it.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

>Thanks,
> Kiran

* Re: [dpdk-dev] GSO/GRO support
@ 2017-02-13 10:31 ` Ananyev, Konstantin
From: Ananyev, Konstantin @ 2017-02-13 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kiran KN, dev

Hi Kiran,

> We, at Juniper Opencontrail have added software support for TCP send offload and receive offload to DPDK.
>
> If the community is interested, we can publish/upstream it.
>
> Pl let us know what you think of it.

IMO, GRO sounds interesting.
My suggestion would be to submit an RFC to the community.
BTW, there was a discussion on similar subject recently:
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2017-February/056949.html
Thanks
Konstantin

* Re: [dpdk-dev] GSO/GRO support
@ 2017-02-13 13:58 ` Hu, Jiayu
From: Hu, Jiayu @ 2017-02-13 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
> We, at Juniper Opencontrail have added software support for TCP send
> offload and receive offload to DPDK.
>
> If the community is interested, we can publish/upstream it.
>
> Pl let us know what you think of it.
>
> Thanks,
>  Kiran

Hi Kiran,

I am glad to hear this news. And Currently, I work on the design of GRO and GSO too.
After your codes or RFC is released, I am happy to join the discussion and do some
reviews.

Regards,
Jiayu

* Re: [dpdk-dev] GSO/GRO support
@ 2017-02-13 20:34   ` Kiran KN
From: Kiran KN @ 2017-02-13 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hu, Jiayu, dev; +Cc: Ananyev, Konstantin, Kavanagh, Mark B

Hi All,

Glad to know that there is interest in this.

Currently the code as part of vrouter. But easily separable since its in separate files.

You can find the code for GRO here:
https://github.com/Juniper/contrail-vrouter/blob/master/dpdk/vr_dpdk_gro.c

GSO code is here:
https://github.com/Juniper/contrail-vrouter/blob/master/dpdk/vr_dpdk_gso.c