* [dpdk-dev]  i40e_aq_get_firmware_version failure
@ 2015-03-18 16:28 Yan Freedland
From: Yan Freedland @ 2015-03-18 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Helin Zhang; +Cc: dev

Hi,

I am trying to start DPDK with 40G Intel NIC and get a failure at initialization stage in i40e_aq_get_firmware_version(). For some reason this function reaches TIMEOUT for more than maximum allowed times (10 times). In the note below I understand that several failures may be considerable but not as many as I have.

Should I enlarge the retries number ?
Is it a HW issue ?

Anyone who faced it or may assist please comment.

Thanks,
Yan

* Re: [dpdk-dev] i40e_aq_get_firmware_version failure
@ 2015-03-19  0:52 ` Zhang, Helin
From: Zhang, Helin @ 2015-03-19  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yan Freedland; +Cc: dev

Hi Yan

Please tell me what version of firmware are you using? If it is too old, please update to at least 4.2.6.
If it is still there, check that if your firmware updating is really successful. You can try to run linux kernel driver to have a double check.

Regards,
Helin