From: "Zhao1, Wei" <wei.zhao1@intel.com>
To: "Morten Brørup" <mb@smartsharesystems.com>,
Cc: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>,
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] ixgbe vector rx does not conform torte_eth_rx_burst() API
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 03:32:28 +0000	[thread overview]

Get your point, I know what you need, but is there any risk for ixgbe_recv_pkts_vec? I am not sure.
Maybe you can have a try first, if it work well, you can submit a patch.
What you need is this:

uint16_t
i40e_recv_scattered_pkts_vec_avx2(void *rx_queue, struct rte_mbuf **rx_pkts,
			     uint16_t nb_pkts)
{
	uint16_t retval = 0;
	while (nb_pkts > RTE_I40E_VPMD_RX_BURST) {
		uint16_t burst = i40e_recv_scattered_burst_vec_avx2(rx_queue,
				rx_pkts + retval, RTE_I40E_VPMD_RX_BURST);
		retval += burst;
		nb_pkts -= burst;
		if (burst < RTE_I40E_VPMD_RX_BURST)
			return retval;
	}
	return retval + i40e_recv_scattered_burst_vec_avx2(rx_queue,
				rx_pkts + retval, nb_pkts);
}