* [dpdk-dev] Virtio driver lockup in KVM
@ 2016-12-19  8:21 Sreenaath Vasudevan
From: Sreenaath Vasudevan @ 2016-12-19  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi
I am running a DPDK application with virtio driver and ran in to driver rx
lockup issue.
The application seems to be running fine for couple of hours before it
stops receiving packets on the interface. Transmission of packets seems to
work fine on the same interface while reception of packets stop.
Has anyone run in to anything similar?

Following is the environment
Application runnign dpdk-2.2
VM running on KVM hypervisor using VIRTIO driver

--
regards
sreenaath

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Virtio driver lockup in KVM
@ 2016-12-19  8:29 ` Maxime Coquelin
From: Maxime Coquelin @ 2016-12-19  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sreenaath Vasudevan, dev

Hi Sreenaath,

On 12/19/2016 09:21 AM, Sreenaath Vasudevan wrote:
> Hi
> I am running a DPDK application with virtio driver and ran in to driver rx
> lockup issue.
Are you running vhost-user DPDK backend on host or Kernel backend?

> The application seems to be running fine for couple of hours before it
> stops receiving packets on the interface. Transmission of packets seems to
> work fine on the same interface while reception of packets stop.
> Has anyone run in to anything similar?
Not that I am aware, I would suggest you recompile DPDK with debug,
attach to the DPDK process when it happens and check what PMd threads
are doing.

> Following is the environment
> Application runnign dpdk-2.2
> VM running on KVM hypervisor using VIRTIO driver

Cheers,
Maxime