* [dpdk-dev] I/O device memory read/write implementation for sfc
@ 2017-01-18 19:31 Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2017-01-18 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Rybchenko, Jerin Jacob; +Cc: DPDK

Hi Andrew, Jerin,

Existing "I/O device memory read/write" doesn't cover sfc driver because
driver was in next-net tree.

And both sfc and "I/O device memory read/write" patches will be
integrated into main tree for rc1 release.

If "I/O device memory read/write" implementation can be done for sfc
before rc2, that changes can be merged into rc2 release.

Who can work on this task?

Thanks,
ferruh

* Re: [dpdk-dev] I/O device memory read/write implementation for sfc
@ 2017-01-19  5:53 ` Jerin Jacob
From: Jerin Jacob @ 2017-01-19  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferruh Yigit; +Cc: Andrew Rybchenko, DPDK

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 07:31:39PM +0000, Ferruh Yigit wrote:
> Hi Andrew, Jerin,
>
> Existing "I/O device memory read/write" doesn't cover sfc driver because
> driver was in next-net tree.
>
> And both sfc and "I/O device memory read/write" patches will be
> integrated into main tree for rc1 release.
>
> If "I/O device memory read/write" implementation can be done for sfc
> before rc2, that changes can be merged into rc2 release.
>
> Who can work on this task?

sfc driver does not even support non x86 build for now. I can spend some time if
Andrew's does not have any bandwidth to work on this task.

@ 2017-01-19  6:30   ` Andrew Rybchenko
From: Andrew Rybchenko @ 2017-01-19  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jerin Jacob, Ferruh Yigit; +Cc: Andrew Rybchenko, DPDK

On 01/19/2017 08:53 AM, Jerin Jacob wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 07:31:39PM +0000, Ferruh Yigit wrote:
>> Hi Andrew, Jerin,
>>
>> Existing "I/O device memory read/write" doesn't cover sfc driver because
>> driver was in next-net tree.
>>
>> And both sfc and "I/O device memory read/write" patches will be
>> integrated into main tree for rc1 release.
>>
>> If "I/O device memory read/write" implementation can be done for sfc
>> before rc2, that changes can be merged into rc2 release.
>>
>> Who can work on this task?
> sfc driver does not even support non x86 build for now. I can spend some time if
> Andrew's does not have any bandwidth to work on this task.

Don't worry. I'll do.

Thanks,
Andrew.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] I/O device memory read/write implementation for sfc
@ 2017-01-19 12:48     ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2017-01-19 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Rybchenko, Jerin Jacob; +Cc: DPDK

On 1/19/2017 6:30 AM, Andrew Rybchenko wrote:
> On 01/19/2017 08:53 AM, Jerin Jacob wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 07:31:39PM +0000, Ferruh Yigit wrote:
>>> Hi Andrew, Jerin,
>>>
>>> Existing "I/O device memory read/write" doesn't cover sfc driver because
>>> driver was in next-net tree.
>>>
>>> And both sfc and "I/O device memory read/write" patches will be
>>> integrated into main tree for rc1 release.
>>>
>>> If "I/O device memory read/write" implementation can be done for sfc
>>> before rc2, that changes can be merged into rc2 release.
>>>
>>> Who can work on this task?
>> sfc driver does not even support non x86 build for now. I can spend some time if
>> Andrew's does not have any bandwidth to work on this task.
>
> Don't worry. I'll do.

Thank you Andrew.