* [dpdk-dev] [BUG] i40e Link Flapping w/dpdk
@ 2019-10-17 16:55 Aaron Conole
From: Aaron Conole @ 2019-10-17 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent Hardy, Zijie Pan, Qi Zhang, Ferruh Yigit, Beilei Xing
  Cc: Don Bayly, Franck Baudin, Joe Mario, dev

Greetings,

I have a customer issue where the PMD status is intermittently reporting
link status failure.  According to the customer, the link status on the
physical wire doesn't go down (at least the endpoint doesn't report
it).  This usually gets resolved by restarting the application.  On
reboot of the system, the issue will start again.

The NIC is XL710, and running 6.80 firmware - DPDK is 17.11.  I've
backported a number of i40e link status patches, but doesn't seem to
have resolved, and am looking for what my next steps for debugging
should be.

It looks to be tied to an upgrade of kernel/firmware but I don't know
enough to say for sure.

-Aaron

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-10-17 16:55 UTC | newest]