test suite reviews and discussions
* Community CI Meeting Minutes - November 30, 2023
@ 2023-11-30 18:44 Patrick Robb
From: Patrick Robb @ 2023-11-30 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci; +Cc: dts

November 30, 2023

Attendees
1. Patrick Robb
2. David Marchand
3. Aaron Conole
4. Lincoln Lavoie
5. Juraj Linkes
6. Ali Alnubani
7. Honnappa Nagarahalli
8. Paul Szczepanek

Agenda
1. General Announcements
2. CI Status
3. DTS Improvements & Test Development
4. Any other business

Minutes

General Announcements
* DPDK 23.11 is released!
   * ABI checks need to be re-enabled in UNH CI for 23.11. UNH will rebuild
our container images to do this this week.
   * Still using .so files, so the container template engine for CI images
should be used as before
* The DPDK git server (git.dpdk.org) is overloaded with requests by CI
labs, and Thomas has requested that labs shift to using the GitHub mirrors
   * Next-* branches mirrors were setup this morning on GitHub:
https://github.com/DPDK/dpdk
   * UNH Lab has moved LTS periodic testing over to using GitHub, and is
updating our apply patchset process to do the same right now
   * GitHub robot has also moved over to the GitHub mirror
   * Patrick Robb will follow up with any Lab Maintainers not present at
this meeting to ping them about this requirement
   * Which branches within the next-* repos are tested? Patrick Robb will
send this list to David.
      * Some branches have been renamed, so UNH will have to verify we’re
up to date

CI Status

UNH-IOL Community Lab
* The new Windows DPDK build machine is in production, reporting to PW. It
runs from the Developer Command Prompt for Visual Studio 2022, with the
newest possible MSVC compiler. The other Windows build machine which runs
Clang builds and standard MSVC Compiler builds is unchanged, and still
running.
* Marvell Octeon board: I had a call with Hiral from Marvell who clarified
some aspects of the board bringup for me. All of the hardware to pair with
the board arrived and the testbed has been “built.”
   * Followed up with Hiral about using the 3 pin fans with our chassis on
from this board. We will need to get an adapter to power the chassis fans
from the PSU. That will be a quick turnaround.
* NVIDIA: We got the 2nd CX6 NIC in, so we will install that Monday
   * Will also be able to do the system updates needed for CX7 testing next
week - have been holding off on this as were were waiting for 23.11 to
release before working on in production servers
   * Ali is having a conversation with his team about what functional
testing should be done on these NICs
* New Apply Patchset Script -> Create DPDK Artifact Script
   * This is running, but is now being refactored to use the GitHub
mirrors.
   * Depends-On will not be included in this script (yet). We have a github
issue open with git-pw checking whether we can contribute this feature to
their project. If not, it will go into this script.
* SOW documentation is being produced for Lab Operations and DTS work
   * Lab SOW will be sent to Aaron for review today
   * DTS Developers Work Items sheet will be finalized by
Honnappa/Patrick/Aaron in a call tomorrow morning

Intel Lab
* Patrick will ping John McNamara about the STV team using the GitHub mirror
* Patrick will check in on who the new lab maintainer is and if they can
join the CI meetings

Loongarch Lab
* Patrick will ping Min Zhou about using the GitHub Mirror

Github Actions
* Aaron has applied the recheck request framework. Needs to update the
monitor server to add this functionality for
   * DPDK
   * OVS
   * OVN
* Migration plan: The VM can be migrated without relying on the physical
hardware being moved. The servers will be moved by Q2 2024, but will be
migrating the VM ahead of that anyhow.

DTS Improvements & Test Development
* Expectations for Developers submitting testsuites alongside their series:
There was a conversation about this, and the results will be communicated
in the techboard minutes
* Scatter: porting over the rx scattered packets patch, this is running but
missed 23.11. Continuing reviews for this.
* Patch increasing maximum line length to 100 was merged
* Docstring patch has been split between docstring updates and the meson
part
   * Yoan has been providing reviews for the docstring patch, which is now
complete. Juraj needs to check if he has submitted his Reviewed-By tag.
   * Jeremy is halfways through reviewing the docstring patch
   * The docstring generation (integration with meson build system) has
been split out, but we will come back to this during 24.03.
      * Bruce has endorsed this, but will have to wait on whether Thomas is
okay with updating the DPDK configuration. Added some capability to expand
and collapse sub-menus without going directly to the pages.
* In the next DTS call, we will define an approach for packet filtering.
* Honnappa and Patrick are reviewing the DTS Developers work items proposal
tomorrow
   * Patrick and Jeremy will look at the ethdev testsuites in old DTS, and
see what we can realistically commit to accomplishing
   * We will meet tomorrow on Zoom, but also email beforehand and
afterwards so Juraj is not cut out from the process
   * Juraj, Paul, etc. will be invited for this meeting

Any other business
* Patrick Robbwill make sure Paul is on the CI meeting event for next week
* OVS conference is happening 12/6-12/7, so some of our participants won’t
be available for this CI call
* Next meeting is December 7, 2023