* [dpdk-users] distributor and flow_id
@ 2018-04-15  9:41 A. Ilchinger
From: A. Ilchinger @ 2018-04-15  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello,
how can I get and set the flow id of packets that are processed by the
distributor? I'd like to go with burst mode, so I only have 15 bits of
flow_id to work with according to the docs. But where do they come
from? My assumption is that its the 5-tuple hash (ip_src, ip_dst,
l4_port_src, l4_port_dst, l4_proto), but do I have to calculate the
hash manually or is there already code in DPDK that does this for me?

The docs also say: "As it does so, it examines the “tag” – stored in
the RSS hash field in the mbuf – for each packet and records what tags
are being processed by each worker."

Does this mean my workers have to set the tag field manually?

Kind regards

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-04-15  9:43 UTC | newest]