* [dpdk-users] x710 (i40e) hash set up questions
       [not found] <114275557.1446871.1547764487314.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2019-01-17 22:34 ` A-three Mpt
From: A-three Mpt @ 2019-01-17 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,
I am having trouble to understand x710 hash setup. Is my following understanding right?

   - Q1: We select a generic flow type and it will be convert to NIC-dependent pctype, right?
   -
Q2: What is the hash_inset? e.g., in the document: For example, to use only 48bit prefix for IPv6 src address for IPv6 TCP RSS:
   testpmd> port config 0 pctype 43 hash_inset clear all
testpmd> port config 0 pctype 43 hash_inset set field 13
testpmd> port config 0 pctype 43 hash_inset set field 14
testpmd> port config 0 pctype 43 hash_inset set field 15

I found pctype 43 is NonFIPV6, TCP from the data sheet, but how are the field 13, 14, 15 related to the 48 bit prefix of src address?

   - Q3: There are generic functions like rte_eth_dev_filter_ctrl() and i40e-specific ones like rte_pmd_i40e_inset_set. Do I need both of them to work? Any relations between them?
   - Q4: If I want to hash based on the new pctype added (22 to 25 for GTPU and GTPC), how can I do that?
   - If I config 4 queues on a port, how can I set up the RSS to distribute pctype 22 and 23 to these 4 queues?
Thanks very much,Athree
From fiona.trahe@intel.com  Mon Jan 21 19:52:06 2019
From: "Trahe, Fiona" <fiona.trahe@intel.com>
To: Changchun Zhang <changchun.zhang@oracle.com>, "Pathak, Pravin"
 <pravin.pathak@intel.com>, "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
CC: "Trahe, Fiona" <fiona.trahe@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 18:52:02 +0000
x-titus-metadata-40: eyJDYXRlZ29yeUxhYmVscyI6IiIsIk1ldGFkYXRhIjp7Im5zIjoiaHR0cDpcL1wvd3d3LnRpdHVzLmNvbVwvbnNcL0ludGVsMyIsImlkIjoiMTRmMzBlYjMtNzdlMi00NWE3LTk5M2MtYTAzMTk3OWM2NWExIiwicHJvcHMiOlt7Im4iOiJDVFBDbGFzc2lmaWNhdGlvbiIsInZhbHMiOlt7InZhbHVlIjoiQ1RQX05UIn1dfV19LCJTdWJqZWN0TGFiZWxzIjpbXSwiVE1DVmVyc2lvbiI6IjE3LjEwLjE4MDQuNDkiLCJUcnVzdGVkTGFiZWxIYXNoIjoiczA1NDUxVkRzZTV1bndTTlBWQkhSYUU2SnkzYkFlbjZRYkw2R2UrXC9DU1NEXC9Lb2Ywa0xpU1I4R29BM3NDWjN3In0x-ctpclassification: CTP_NT
dlp-product: dlpe-windows
dlp-version: 11.0.400.15
dlp-reaction: no-action
x-originating-ip: [163.33.239.180]
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Run-to-completion or Pipe-line for QAT PMD in DPDK

[Fiona] well, we use names tx and rx the opposite way you named them - but this doesn't matter as neither
tx nor rx names are visible on the API. Just qp_id. So whatever qp_id you enqueue to, you will get the response
on the same qp_id in a subsequent dequeue operation. And they will be dequeued in same order as you enqueued.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-01-17 22:36 UTC | newest]