* [dpdk-users] How to find an IPv4 and IPv6 hash function
@ 2018-10-01 12:37 Ali Volkan Atli
From: Ali Volkan Atli @ 2018-10-01 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Dear DPDK users

I am trying to write a code to monitor user data traffic by using DPDK. Each user has one IP address which can be IPv4 or IPv6. Therefore I'm thinking of creating two hash tables for IPv4 and IPv6. The key of these hash tables will be an IPv4 or IPv6 address and the data of these hash tables will be user traffic (uplink and downlink)

First, is there any API, example etc.. to calculate IPv4 hash and IPv6 hash on DPDK library? If not, does anyone know where I might find any paper or writing how I can calculate IPv4 and IPv6 hash? Also is there a more appropriate data structure than the hash table for the problem?

Thanks in advance.

- Volkan