From: "Wiles, Keith" <keith.wiles@intel.com>
To: "Xu, Chenjie" <chenjie.xu@intel.com>
Cc: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] pktgen can't send packet forever
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 14:23:25 +0000	[thread overview]

> On Jul 13, 2020, at 3:32 AM, Xu, Chenjie <chenjie.xu@intel.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
> I'm using pktgen 17.11.3 and pktgen can only send packets a few seconds though pktgen is configured to send packet forever as below:
> Tx Count/% Rate   :       Forever /100%
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this issue? By the way, I'm following the below guide to use pktgen:
> https://github.com/intel/userspace-cni-network-plugin#testing-with-dpdk-l3fwd-application

You must mean DPDK 17.11.3 and Pktgen as Pktgen does not have a version number of 17.11.3. What is the version of Pktgen you are using?

The next thing I would like you ask is if you can more to using the latest Pktgen and latest DPDK?
With my limited time I try to only debug latest DPDK and latest Pktgen. Using the latest versions Pktgen should work and you can still use DPDK 17.11.3 for your application if you need. The only reason to use and old version of DPDK/Pktgen is some driver version or OS version requires you to use these older versions.