* [dpdk-users] DPDK build failed in virtual machine
@ 2018-12-24  2:51 wuzhouhui
From: wuzhouhui @ 2018-12-24  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

A naive question, but I couldn't find any clue when searching Internet.

When I build DPDK in a CentOS-6.3 virtual machine, I got some errors:

[wzh@CentOS6-compiler dpdk-stable-18.05.1]$ make config T=x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc
Configuration done using x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc
[wzh@CentOS6-compiler dpdk-stable-18.05.1]$ make
cc1: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set
== Build lib
cc1: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set
== Build lib/librte_compat
cc1: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set
  SYMLINK-FILE include/rte_compat.h
== Build lib/librte_eal
cc1: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set
^Cmake[2]: *** [librte_eal] Interrupt
make[1]: *** [lib] Interrupt
make: *** [all] Interrupt

[wzh@CentOS6-compiler dpdk-stable-18.05.1]$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-4)

But build in host (CentOS-6.3) seems fine. Does it means that DPDP cannot be
build in virtual machine?

Thanks.

* Re: [dpdk-users] DPDK build failed in virtual machine
@ 2018-12-29  9:42     ` Tom Barbette
From: Tom Barbette @ 2018-12-29  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Murali Krishna, wuzhouhui; +Cc: users

?You can also double check by doing cat /proc/cpuinfo in the guest. But the message is clear, your guest CPU is x86 (32 bit).

Tom

From: Murali Krishna @ 2018-12-28 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wuzhouhui; +Cc: tom barbette, users

@ 2018-12-28  9:27 ` wuzhouhui