* [dpdk-users] DPDK logs enable
@ 2016-05-10 14:10 SAKTHIVEL ANAND S
From: SAKTHIVEL ANAND S @ 2016-05-10 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi

Any idea, how to enable debug logs for DPDK applications.i have added these
lines one by one in the main file.
1. #define DEBUG
2.rte_set_log_level(DEBUG)
3.rte_set_log_type(PMOD,1)

also while run the APP, i have added " --log-type 8 ", but i didnt get
expected logs. Can some one point me, what did i missed. or how can enable
DEBUG LOGS.

--
Thanks
Sakthivel S OM

* Re: [dpdk-users] DPDK logs enable
@ 2016-05-10 14:46 ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2016-05-10 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SAKTHIVEL ANAND S, users

On 5/10/2016 3:10 PM, SAKTHIVEL ANAND S wrote:
> Hi
>
> Any idea, how to enable debug logs for DPDK applications.i have added these
> lines one by one in the main file.
> 1. #define DEBUG
> 2.rte_set_log_level(DEBUG)
> 3.rte_set_log_type(PMOD,1)
>
> also while run the APP, i have added " --log-type 8 ", but i didnt get
> expected logs. Can some one point me, what did i missed. or how can enable
> DEBUG LOGS.

There is a build time configuration option, CONFIG_RTE_LOG_LEVEL, it
became default to RTE_LOG_INFO recently, please update it to
RTE_LOG_DEBUG to get debug messages.

With optimization enabled, CONFIG_RTE_LOG_LEVEL causes log code lower
than defined value optimized out, so setting runtime log level lower
than CONFIG_RTE_LOG_LEVEL doesn't work.

Regards,
ferruh