* [dpdk-users] DPDK setup
@ 2017-10-13 18:12 CHIDAMBARAM, GOVIND  (GOVIND)
From: CHIDAMBARAM, GOVIND  (GOVIND) @ 2017-10-13 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I am just trying to understand DPDK,I was told that when a vNIC that has an IP address when binded to dpdk driver the IP gets moved to user space and data can be forwarded to that IP and using dpdk libraries I should be able to read. Is that true?

This is what i did

ifdown eth1 (Interface has IP a.b.c.d)
dpdk-devbind.py --bind=igb_uio eth1

At this point I can no longer manage the interface via ifconfig which is understandable.When i ran the ethtool app and did a portstats I can see the count increase but am not sure if its the actual data being forwarded to that IP or some arp request.

Cheers
CG

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-10-13 18:13 UTC | newest]