* [dpdk-users] Sending packets in specific order
@ 2018-04-23 12:25 Sander Ubink
From: Sander Ubink @ 2018-04-23 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I'm currently attempting to send a specific pattern of packets using
pktgen. When I dump the mbuf's that are being passed to rte_eth_tx_burst()
I can confirm that they are in the correct order. However, on the receiving
side, tcpdump shows a completely different order. The machines are directly
connected to each other using a QSFP cable. Is the reordering of packets
inherent to the implementation of DPDK or is there some way I can enforce
packets are being send in the order they are provided?

Kind regards,
Sander

* Re: [dpdk-users] Sending packets in specific order
@ 2018-04-23 12:42 ` Paul Emmerich
From: Paul Emmerich @ 2018-04-23 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sander Ubink; +Cc: users

Try disabling RSS in the driver on the receiving side, it's MQ=0 for ixgbe for example.

Paul

--
Chair of Network Architectures and Services
Department of Informatics