* [dpdk-users] Client-Hello
@ 2018-08-10 16:17 Konstantinos Schoinas
From: Konstantinos Schoinas @ 2018-08-10 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello everyone,

I have built an application that does DPI(Deep packet insepction) in the
Client-Hello message during the tls session, extracts the SNI from the
packet and then if the SNI is a forbidden name then i block the ssl
connection and i dont forward any packet.

Does anyone know how to write/send  packet with  a fatal-level
unrecognized_name(112)?
Or maybe send a deny message through dpdk ?

Thanks for your time

Konstantinos Schoinas

* Re: [dpdk-users] Client-Hello
@ 2018-08-10 16:43 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2018-08-10 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantinos Schoinas; +Cc: users

> On Aug 10, 2018, at 11:17 AM, Konstantinos Schoinas <ece8537@upnet.gr> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have built an application that does DPI(Deep packet insepction) in the Client-Hello message during the tls session, extracts the SNI from the packet and then if the SNI is a forbidden name then i block the ssl connection and i dont forward any packet.
>
> Does anyone know how to write/send  packet with  a fatal-level unrecognized_name(112)?
> Or maybe send a deny message through dpdk ?

DPDK does not have a stack, but there are a number of ones in open source. If you can construct a reply and not require a networking stack then you can just send the packet your code constructs.

I would start with google ‘networking stack dpdk’ or similar.

> Thanks for your time
>
> Konstantinos Schoinas

Regards,
Keith