From: amit sehas <cun23@yahoo.com>
To: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-users] dpdk packet validation
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 16:13:57 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

Is there some functionality that can validate packets in the same way that NIC validates packets such as ip header checksum
validation etc?

We are looking at some kind of bug in our code where we are exchanging packets at a very low rate between two devices and
we can see that the packets are being sent from the port and are being received by the destination port but they never make it
to the product ... which suggests that the NIC has dropped the packet ... this could happen due to checksum failure or something
else ...

earlier we had a bug which had a checksum failure and we had to fix it ... is there some kind of API in linux which will allow
us to perform the same validation in s/w which is performed by the NIC in h/w.

any help is appreciated ...