* [dpdk-users] dpdk packet validation
       [not found] <735250132.1304895.1606493637100.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2020-11-27 16:13 ` amit sehas
From: amit sehas @ 2020-11-27 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Is there some functionality that can validate packets in the same way that NIC validates packets such as ip header checksum
validation etc?

We are looking at some kind of bug in our code where we are exchanging packets at a very low rate between two devices and
we can see that the packets are being sent from the port and are being received by the destination port but they never make it
to the product ... which suggests that the NIC has dropped the packet ... this could happen due to checksum failure or something
else ...

earlier we had a bug which had a checksum failure and we had to fix it ... is there some kind of API in linux which will allow
us to perform the same validation in s/w which is performed by the NIC in h/w.

any help is appreciated ...

* Re: [dpdk-users] dpdk packet validation
@ 2020-11-28  1:09   ` Michael Barker
From: Michael Barker @ 2020-11-28  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amit sehas; +Cc: users

If you can get a packet capture (e.g. from your switch), Wireshark can do
checksum validation.  It's normally disabled by default, but if you have a
look through the Wireshark docs, there should be info on how to enable it.

Regards,
Michael Barker.