* [dpdk-users] DPDK Cross compiling
@ 2021-05-28 12:51 Eileen O'Reilly
From: Eileen O'Reilly @ 2021-05-28 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

Trying to  cross compile dpdk with aarch64-unknown-freebsd. I’ve followed the steps on https://doc.dpdk.org/guides-20.11/linux_gsg/cross_build_dpdk_for_arm64.html <https://doc.dpdk.org/guides-20.11/linux_gsg/cross_build_dpdk_for_arm64.html> and adapted it for my own environment. I’m running a ubuntu 18.04 VM on virtual box and tring to cross compile for AArch64 on Free BSD. I’ve created a crossfille that points to the sysroot, c_args, c_link_args. It points to all the required binaries and contains the details for the host machine.  Running 'meson build-dpdk --cross-file cross_file.txt’ configures the directory and when I run 'ninja -C build-dpdk’ it looks in the local directories for the headers instead of using sysroot causing ninja to fail.
I’ve tried creating a 'building-dpdk.pc' file and adding it to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH but still it continues to look in local directories.
Can someone tell me what I’m overlooking?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-05-28 12:52 UTC | newest]