* [dpdk-users] Enabling Flow Director functionality on XL710 NICs with rte_flow API
@ 2020-12-02 18:56 Joshi, Venkatesh
From: Joshi, Venkatesh @ 2020-12-02 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

We have a DPDK application that will make use of the "Intel flow director" feature of the XXV710 NIC family.

DPDK Version - 20.08
NIC: XXV710 series

I am planning to use the rte_flow API for this. I have gone through the flow_filtering example application for this purpose.

Previously, I saw on this forum that the following code snippet was in use for enabling the flow director feature -
----
struct rte_eth_conf port_conf = {
    .fdir_conf = {
        .mode = RTE_FDIR_MODE_PERFECT,
        .pballoc = RTE_FDIR_PBALLOC_128K,
        .status = RTE_FDIR_REPORT_STATUS,
        .drop_queue = 127,
        .mask = {
            .ipv4_mask     = {
                .src_ip = 0xFFFFFFFF,
                .dst_ip = 0xFFFFFFFF,
            },
            .ipv6_mask     = {
                .src_ip = {0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF},
                .dst_ip = {0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF},
            },
            .src_port_mask = 0xFFFF,
            .dst_port_mask = 0xFFFF,
        },
    },
}
---

Questions:
* Is this initialization of the fdir_conf not required when we use the rte_flow API ?
* What do we need to do to initialize flow director feature with rte_flow API?

PS: It seems that the fdir_conf is going to get obsolete in the future DPDK releases.

Regards,
Venkatesh

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-12-02 18:56 UTC | newest]