* [dpdk-users] Create new driver error
@ 2019-01-30 10:42 Oscar Pap
From: Oscar Pap @ 2019-01-30 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello!

I´m trying to create a new driver called "baseband_ldpc" for baseband but I
get this error:

EAL: failed to parse device "baseband_ldpc"
EAL: Unable to parse device 'baseband_ldpc'

I created the driver in the /dpdk/drivers/baseband/ldpc folder.
The file is called ldpc.c
I created a copy of the Makefile from the other drivers but changed these
lines:

LIB =librte_pmd_bbdev_ldpc.a
EXPORT_MAP :=rte_pmd_bbdev_ldpc_version.map
SRCS-$(CONFIG_RTELIBRTE_PMD_BBDEV_LDPC) += ldpc.c

I added this line in the Makefile in the folder /dpdk/drivers/baseband
DIRS-$(CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_PMD_BBDEV_LDPC) += ldpc
DEPDIRS-ldpc = $(core-libs)

I also added these lines in the common_base file:
CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_PMD_BBDEV_LDPC=y

My guess is that the error has something to do with vdev and that my
baseband_ldpc doesnt get registered as a valid vdev.

My command for running the app is:
./build/bbdev --vdev='baseband_ldpc' --vdev='net_tap0' --no-pci

I hope that you can help with this problem.

Best regards,
Oscar

* Re: [dpdk-users] Create new driver error
@ 2019-01-31 17:00 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2019-01-31 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oscar Pap; +Cc: users

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 31, 2019, at 2:44 AM, Oscar Pap <oscarpap94@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> I´m trying to create a new driver called "baseband_ldpc" for baseband but I
> get this error:
>
> EAL: failed to parse device "baseband_ldpc"
> EAL: Unable to parse device 'baseband_ldpc'
>

> I created the driver in the /dpdk/drivers/baseband/ldpc folder.
> The file is called ldpc.c
> I created a copy of the Makefile from the other drivers but changed these
> lines:
>
> LIB =librte_pmd_bbdev_ldpc.a
> EXPORT_MAP :=rte_pmd_bbdev_ldpc_version.map
> SRCS-$(CONFIG_RTELIBRTE_PMD_BBDEV_LDPC) += ldpc.c
>

> I added this line in the Makefile in the folder /dpdk/drivers/baseband
> DIRS-$(CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_PMD_BBDEV_LDPC) += ldpc
> DEPDIRS-ldpc = $(core-libs)
>
> I also added these lines in the common_base file:
> CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_PMD_BBDEV_LDPC=y
>
> My guess is that the error has something to do with vdev and that my
> baseband_ldpc doesnt get registered as a valid vdev.
>
> My command for running the app is:
> ./build/bbdev --vdev='baseband_ldpc' --vdev='net_tap0' --no-pci

Did you add your driver to the mk/rte.app.mk file?