* [dpdk-users] Memzone corruption Issue
@ 2021-05-26 14:52 Kumar, Ruban
From: Kumar, Ruban @ 2021-05-26 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I have a sample_dpdk_app program which uses memzone as shared memory between the Lcores. The program was developed and tested using DPDK 19.02 , and the code works as expected. On compiling the same sample_dpdk_app with DPDK 20.08 , we notice the following issues,

  1.  The memzone used as shared memory seems to be corrupted. Primary writes a structure into the memzone and when secondary reads the structure, I see that some of the structure members are corrupted.
  2.  During compilation we see  this warning /opt/dpdk/dpdk-20.08/x86_64-native-linuxapp-icc/include/generic/rte_rwlock.h(142): warning #68: integer conversion resulted in a change of sign
if (x != 0 || __atomic_compare_exchange_n(&rwl->cnt, &x, -1, 1,
^

I am not sure if the above mentioned issues are related, Any help will be greatly appreciated !!

---
Primary lcore creates the memzone as shown below
const struct rte_memzone* zone = rte_memzone_reserve("testzone", 64*numFlows, rte_socket_id(), RTE_MEMZONE_2MB);

Secondary lcore does a lookup of the memzone as shown below

const struct rte_memzone* zone = rte_memzone_lookup("testzone");

Thanks & Regards,
Ruban

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-05-26 14:52 UTC | newest]