* [dpdk-users] pktgen 3.2.4 - problem with set size
@ 2017-04-19 10:59 Avi Cohen (A)
From: Avi Cohen (A) @ 2017-04-19 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello,
When I set packet size - I see that the menu in the transmitter is updated,  but in the receiver I always receive  64B pkt size.
Also the throughput is degraded when I enlarge the pkt-size in the TX (which does not make sense)
Best Regards
avi

* Re: [dpdk-users] pktgen 3.2.4 - problem with set size
@ 2017-04-19 14:16 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2017-04-19 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Cohen (A); +Cc: users

I did find some issues with 3.2.4 and please try 3.2.6, but I do not think it will fix the problem. When the size of the packet increases the packets per second must decrease, right?

Now changing the size make sure you stop transmitting traffic first. The size should change to whatever you set, but I am out of town and will have to wait till I return to verify the problem.

> On Apr 19, 2017, at 3:59 AM, Avi Cohen (A) <avi.cohen@huawei.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> When I set packet size - I see that the menu in the transmitter is updated,  but in the receiver I always receive  64B pkt size.
> Also the throughput is degraded when I enlarge the pkt-size in the TX (which does not make sense)
> Best Regards
> avi

Regards,
Keith

* Re: [dpdk-users] pktgen 3.2.4 - problem with set size
@ 2017-04-23  6:42   ` Avi Cohen (A)
From: Avi Cohen (A) @ 2017-04-23  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wiles, Keith; +Cc: users

Thank Keith
As you said, stopping transmission is needed  before you change the pkt-size.
So  everything is OK now for me. (the throughput is also OK -  ~10Gbps )
Best Regards
Avi

@ 2017-04-23 13:15     ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2017-04-23 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avi Cohen (A); +Cc: users

Thanks for the update.

> On Apr 23, 2017, at 1:42 AM, Avi Cohen (A) <avi.cohen@huawei.com> wrote:
>
> Thank Keith
> As you said, stopping transmission is needed  before you change the pkt-size.
> So  everything is OK now for me. (the throughput is also OK -  ~10Gbps )
> Best Regards
> Avi

Regards,
Keith