From: Anupama Laxmi <anupamalaxmi4@gmail.com>
To: Shyam Shrivastav <shrivastav.shyam@gmail.com>
Cc: users <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] To enable offloading DEV_TX_OFFLOAD_MULTI_SEGS per port and per queue
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 09:00:51 +0530	[thread overview]

Hi Shrivastav,

Thanks.I suppose setting only

DEV_TX_OFFLOAD_MULTI_SEGS offload is required for

IP fragmentation to taken into effect?Please confirm.

One more query:
 I am attaching the pcap here which shows BAD UDP payload length( 736)
greater than IP payload length (728).
UDP payload length 736 is less than MTU (1500)  so why I am getting this
error.
Whether this tx offload setting

DEV_TX_OFFLOAD_MULTI_SEGS will really help solve this packet transmission issue.

Only if the packet length > MTU then only I suppose packet would be
fragmented based on tx offload setting

DEV_TX_OFFLOAD_MULTI_SEGS.

Best Regards,
Suchetha