* [dpdk-users] MLX5 Rx HW Timestamp units
@ 2018-11-27  1:41 Anshu Boonapalli
From: Anshu Boonapalli @ 2018-11-27  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Anyone know the units of Rx HW timestamps MLX5 provides?

I assumed nanoseconds but tests i have run don't match the nanosecond units.

Thanks,
-Anshu

* Re: [dpdk-users] MLX5 Rx HW Timestamp units
@ 2018-11-27  7:57 ` Tom Barbette
From: Tom Barbette @ 2018-11-27  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anshu Boonapalli, users

Hi Anshu,

No it's the value of an internal Clock. The frequency and the base are both unknown.

We have a patch that works (but must be reworked before submission to dev) that allows to query the current device clock value. Then from there you can derive the base and the frequency. I can send it to you if you wish.

Tom

@ 2018-11-27 15:36   ` Anshu Boonapalli
From: Anshu Boonapalli @ 2018-11-27 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barbette; +Cc: users

hi Tom,

Thanks for clarifying.

I am interested in the patch that allows the query of the current device
clock values. Please point me to this patch.

-Anshu

@ 2018-11-28 10:01     ` Tom Barbette
From: Tom Barbette @ 2018-11-28 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anshu Boonapalli; +Cc: users

Tom

@ 2018-11-29 13:24       ` Anshu Boonapalli
From: Anshu Boonapalli @ 2018-11-29 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barbette; +Cc: users

Thank you very much Tom!

Do you know if your work is portable to DPDK 17.11 tip? If not, i will look
into the move to 18.11.

-Anshu