* [dpdk-users] Work with IP_PIPELINE application with non-supporting NIC
@ 2017-04-03 10:03 Nidhia Varghese
From: Nidhia Varghese @ 2017-04-03 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users, dev

Hi,

Currently I am planning to develop a DPDK application using Packet
Framework. But I do not have a DPDK supported NIC.
I was able to run l2fwd application using AF_PACKET pmd. But when I tried
to run ip pipeline application using "--vdev=af_packet0,iface=eno2
--vdev=af_packet1,iface=eno3" I found that usage of --vdev argument is not
supported for ip pipeline applications.
In what way I can receive packets from a non-supporting NIC and give it to
the pipeline for processing?

Thank you so much for your reply and help.

Nidhia Varghese

* Re: [dpdk-users] [dpdk-dev] Work with IP_PIPELINE application with non-supporting NIC
@ 2017-04-03 10:13 ` Dumitrescu, Cristian
From: Dumitrescu, Cristian @ 2017-04-03 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nidhia Varghese, users, dev; +Cc: raman geetha gopalakrishnan, Singh, Jasvinder

Hi Nidhia,

The usage if --vdev is actually supported by ip_pipeline through the use of EAL section in config file:

[EAL]
vdev = <arguments to be passed to the EAL --vdev option>

Once this is done, the port and queues can be used through the LINK, RXQ and TXQ objects, like any other PMD port.

Regards,
Cristian