* [dpdk-users] Not able to detect Intel EC I218-V (rev 03)
@ 2016-02-26 13:29 Nagaprabhanjan Bellaru
From: Nagaprabhanjan Bellaru @ 2016-02-26 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello,

Using setup.sh (available in tools folder) I have bound eth0 (which is of
Intel EC I218-V make) to igb_uio module (which I can see with
dpdk_nic_bind.py --status output):

--
Network devices using DPDK-compatible driver
0000:00:19.0 'Ethernet Connection (3) I218-V' drv=igb_uio unused=

Network devices using kernel driver
===================================
<none>
--

However, when I run any sample application, it complains that there are no
ethernet ports:

--
EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1
  Cause: No available NIC ports!

If I give a --vdev=eth_pcap0,iface=eth0, then it picks it. Am I missing
something? I hope this Intel card is supported by DPDK.

Thanks,
-nagp

* Re: [dpdk-users] Not able to detect Intel EC I218-V (rev 03)
@ 2016-02-26 20:54 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-02-26 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nagaprabhanjan Bellaru; +Cc: users, Lu, Wenzhuo

Hi,

2016-02-26 18:59, Nagaprabhanjan Bellaru:
> Hello,
>
> Using setup.sh (available in tools folder) I have bound eth0 (which is of
> Intel EC I218-V make) to igb_uio module (which I can see with
> dpdk_nic_bind.py --status output):
>
> --
> Network devices using DPDK-compatible driver
> 0000:00:19.0 'Ethernet Connection (3) I218-V' drv=igb_uio unused=
>
> Network devices using kernel driver
> ===================================
> <none>
> --
>
> However, when I run any sample application, it complains that there are no
> ethernet ports:
>
> --
> EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1
>   Cause: No available NIC ports!
> --
>
> If I give a --vdev=eth_pcap0,iface=eth0, then it picks it. Am I missing
> something? I hope this Intel card is supported by DPDK.

I think this card is not supported.
We are waiting a review for this patch:
	http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/7161/
Do not hesitate to test it.

* Re: [dpdk-users] Not able to detect Intel EC I218-V (rev 03)
@ 2016-02-27 10:38   ` Nagaprabhanjan Bellaru
From: Nagaprabhanjan Bellaru @ 2016-02-27 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: users, Lu, Wenzhuo

I would be glad to do some testing, but I am just beginning to use DPDK,
can you please show me some pointers how to patch DPDK and then use it? I
could not find the files mentioned in the patch in the DPDK 2.2.0 suite
which I downloaded

Thanks,
-nagp

@ 2016-02-27 17:16     ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-02-27 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nagaprabhanjan Bellaru, Lu, Wenzhuo; +Cc: Ravi Kerur, users

Hi,

2016-02-27 16:08, Nagaprabhanjan Bellaru:
> I would be glad to do some testing, but I am just beginning to use DPDK,
> can you please show me some pointers how to patch DPDK and then use it? I
> could not find the files mentioned in the patch in the DPDK 2.2.0 suite
> which I downloaded

Maybe Ravi would be glad to help you offline to check this patch.

Wenzhuo, we should try to integrate this patch please.
Do you have some news explaining the delay for supporting this NIC?

@ 2016-02-28  0:59       ` Ravi Kerur
From: Ravi Kerur @ 2016-02-28  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: users, Lu, Wenzhuo

Hi Thomas,

I am working with Wenzhou on this patch since last week and the patch is
now reviewed by Wenzhou. Let us know if we should resend the patch to
dpdk.org?

Thanks,
Ravi

@ 2016-02-29  0:54         ` Lu, Wenzhuo
From: Lu, Wenzhuo @ 2016-02-29  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ravi Kerur, Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: users

Hi Thomas, Nagaprabhanjan,
The base code has been updated, but some job is still left to support these NICs. Ravi has created a new patch set to complete it. Ravi can send it soon. Please wait a while and use the new patch set.

Hi Ravi,
As we talked, please send your patch to dpdk.org. Thanks a lot ☺

Best regards
Wenzhuo Lu

@ 2016-03-15 14:32           ` Nagaprabhanjan Bellaru
From: Nagaprabhanjan Bellaru @ 2016-03-15 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lu, Wenzhuo; +Cc: Ravi Kerur, Thomas Monjalon, users

Just for information, I have been using the patch on my laptop without
any issues so far..

Thanks,
-nagp