* [dpdk-users] Ring Library
@ 2016-12-19 17:35 Kumaraparameshwaran Rathnavel
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Kumaraparameshwaran Rathnavel @ 2016-12-19 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi All,

I am in need of using a Ring Library.  I was going through the APIs is there any particular API available to dequeue one particular element from the Ring.

Thanking You,
Param.

* Re: [dpdk-users] Ring Library
@ 2016-12-19 18:29 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2016-12-19 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kumaraparameshwaran Rathnavel; +Cc: users

> On Dec 19, 2016, at 11:35 AM, Kumaraparameshwaran Rathnavel <krath@cloudsimple.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am in need of using a Ring Library.  I was going through the APIs is there any particular API available to dequeue one particular element from the Ring.

In the lib/librte_ring/rte_ring.h contains all of the APIs for enqueue and dequeue of objects.

The one you are looking for is rte_ring_enqueue and rte_ring_dequeue. In the header files for each library is the Doxygen formatted information about the functions also you can build the HTML Doxygen information and use your browser to search and read about all of the information related to DPDK.

> Thanking You,
> Param.

Regards,
Keith

* Re: [dpdk-users] Ring Library
@ 2016-12-20  4:32 ` Singh, Satish 1. (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)
From: Singh, Satish 1. (Nokia - IN/Bangalore) @ 2016-12-20  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kumaraparameshwaran Rathnavel, users

Hi,

It is not supported and is very complex to do in multicore environment.
Could you please explain what is use case for such requirement.

Regards,
Satish

@ 2016-12-20  6:05 ` Anupam Kapoor
From: Anupam Kapoor @ 2016-12-20  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kumaraparameshwaran Rathnavel; +Cc: users

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 11:05 PM, Kumaraparameshwaran Rathnavel <
krath@cloudsimple.com> wrote:

> is there any particular API available to dequeue one particular element
> from the Ring.

​i don't think that rte-ring provides an ability to dequeue a specific item
from the ring. may you please elucidate your use case ?

​--
kind regards
anupam​

In the beginning was the lambda, and the lambda was with Emacs, and Emacs
was the lambda.