* [dpdk-users] Reduce latency of DPDK RX Interrupts
@ 2018-11-26 10:48 Baptiste Wicht
From: Baptiste Wicht @ 2018-11-26 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

In order to reduce latency in a project, I'm trying to use RX interrupts
instead of busy-polling with sleep in between. It works well, but I would
like to reduce the latency even further.

I have two questions regarding the use of RX interrupts:

1) Do I have to enable/disable interrupts on the queue around the
rte_epoll_wait call? Currently, I'm doing
enable/rte_epoll_wait/disable/recv on each wait. Wouldn't it be possible to
enable once and never disable the interrupts?
2) Is there any configuration option I could play with to try to reduce the
latency further?

Thanks a lot for your help

--
Dr. Baptiste Wicht
My personal website - http://baptiste-wicht.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-11-26 10:48 UTC | newest]