* [dpdk-users] Send data between two different DPDK applications
@ 2016-08-08 18:10 Sandeep Rayapudi
From: Sandeep Rayapudi @ 2016-08-08 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I'm trying to understand if data can be exchanged between two different
DPDK applications running as different processes. This may be a dumb
question but I couldn't find a way going through the documentation.

Ultimately, I want to achieve the following:
- Develop two standalone DPDA applications - client and server
- Send a simple hello world message between them
- Run these two applications on different Docker containers
- Repeat the case in containers scenario.

Please let me know what modules / features I can use in DPDK to achieve
this.

Thank you.

* Re: [dpdk-users] Send data between two different DPDK applications
@ 2016-08-08 19:08 ` Summers, Dow
From: Summers, Dow @ 2016-08-08 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sandeep Rayapudi, users

Frank,

Here’s the raw data out of DNS of TLS test run we discussed.  These numbers are from the perspective of the load generator.

Attempts/s=3,692       ,  Successes=3,692
port[0]: rx_pkt=25,844      tx_pkt=33,755     ierr=0 oerr=0    iGbps=  0.06       oGbps=  0.04

@ 2016-08-12 21:02 ` Nishant Verma
From: Nishant Verma @ 2016-08-12 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sandeep Rayapudi; +Cc: users

Yes, this is for DPDK is designed for. Fast data transfer between two
machines.
you can try to run L2/L3 fwd on one machine and pktgen on another machine.

DPDK provide you framework for accessing the packet from NIC. On top of
that you have to write Client/Server Code. You can use open source library
also.

--
Rgds,
Nishant