* [dpdk-users]  Issue with Ping and Range
@ 2017-05-03  6:06 Dheeraj Dang
From: Dheeraj Dang @ 2017-05-03  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I am running pktgen-dpdk and sending udp/icmp packets between 2 VMs that
are on same
network. I am using range to send udp packets and ping4 to send icmp
packets. Receiver
gets all the packets when one type of packet is sent. Means, when I sent
only udp packets,
receiver gets all udp packets and similar thing is observed for icmp
packets as well. But
when I sent both udp and icmp packets, only udp packets are received. No
icmp packets are
observed on receiver side.

Is it possible to send ICMP (ping) packets simultaneously along with UDP
packets (from
range buffer)? If so, how?

Regards,
Dheeraj Dang

* Re: [dpdk-users] Issue with Ping and Range
@ 2017-05-03 19:41 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2017-05-03 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dheeraj Dang; +Cc: users

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 3, 2017, at 2:07 AM, Dheeraj Dang <dheerajdang138@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am running pktgen-dpdk and sending udp/icmp packets between 2 VMs that
> are on same
> network. I am using range to send udp packets and ping4 to send icmp
> packets. Receiver
> gets all the packets when one type of packet is sent. Means, when I sent
> only udp packets,
> receiver gets all udp packets and similar thing is observed for icmp
> packets as well. But
> when I sent both udp and icmp packets, only udp packets are received. No
> icmp packets are
> observed on receiver side.
>

> Is it possible to send ICMP (ping) packets simultaneously along with UDP
> packets (from
> range buffer)? If so, how?

Currently pktgen only send a icmp echo with ping4. In range mode you should be able to send udp and icmp frame types not a echo frame.

@ 2017-05-04  3:09   ` Dheeraj Dang
From: Dheeraj Dang @ 2017-05-04  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wiles, Keith; +Cc: users

I want to send ICMP echo request using main buffer and UDP packets using
range buffer.

Is it possible to do it simultaneously ?

Regards
Dheeraj Dang

@ 2017-05-04 16:41     ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2017-05-04 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dheeraj Dang; +Cc: users

> On May 3, 2017, at 10:09 PM, Dheeraj Dang <dheerajdang138@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I want to send ICMP echo request using main buffer and UDP packets using range buffer.
>
> Is it possible to do it simultaneously ?

Unless you use two ports and a switch to the same destination port. One port sending UDP via range and a Lua script sending ping4 commands via the other port.

Sorry, that is the best I can do.

> Regards
> Dheeraj Dang
>
> On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 1:11 AM, Wiles, Keith <keith.wiles@intel.com> wrote:
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On May 3, 2017, at 2:07 AM, Dheeraj Dang <dheerajdang138@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running pktgen-dpdk and sending udp/icmp packets between 2 VMs that
> > are on same
> > network. I am using range to send udp packets and ping4 to send icmp
> > packets. Receiver
> > gets all the packets when one type of packet is sent. Means, when I sent
> > only udp packets,
> > receiver gets all udp packets and similar thing is observed for icmp
> > packets as well. But
> > when I sent both udp and icmp packets, only udp packets are received. No
> > icmp packets are
> > observed on receiver side.
> >

> > Is it possible to send ICMP (ping) packets simultaneously along with UDP
> > packets (from
> > range buffer)? If so, how?
>
> Currently pktgen only send a icmp echo with ping4. In range mode you should be able to send udp and icmp frame types not a echo frame.
>

> > Regards,
> > Dheeraj Dang

Regards,
Keith

* Re: [dpdk-users] Issue with Ping and Range
@ 2017-05-05  6:08       ` Dheeraj Dang
From: Dheeraj Dang @ 2017-05-05  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wiles, Keith; +Cc: users

Thanks for your help.