* [dpdk-users]  the usage of IP address in DPDK
@ 2018-09-16 23:17 Sungho Hong
From: Sungho Hong @ 2018-09-16 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello DPDK users,

I have been struggling with how to use the ip fragmentation provided by
DPDK. and was wondering I have the correct concept of IP address and the
MAC address used in rte-mbuf ethernet header.

Is Ip address alone in the header of rte-mbuf used to transfer from local
to remote?
I see that the ip address is used in the IP fragment table, but the fact
that data is actually received just by using ethernet mac address, gives me
the impression that IP address is only defined by the DPDK user and not
used in actual data transfer.

Is there something missing to what I understand?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-09-16 23:17 UTC | newest]