* [dpdk-users] Intel 82598 Not enabling correctly
@ 2020-09-12  0:13 Michael Barker
From: Michael Barker @ 2020-09-12  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DPDK Users

Hi,

I've got a couple of 82598 dual NIC and I'm running into a number of issues.

- When enabling the port DPDK/testpmd report:

Configuring Port 0 (socket 0)
ixgbe_dev_rx_queue_start(): Could not enable Rx Queue 0
Port 0: 00:1B:21:45:9F:1B

- After the port is configured and started, DPDK always reports the link
speed of 0 and status as down, despite the switch having the link light
come on when the port is enabled (link status and speed is reported
correctly when the device is used by the kernel driver).

testpmd> show port info all

********************* Infos for port 0  *********************
MAC address: 00:1B:21:45:9F:1B
Device name: 0000:01:00.0
Driver name: net_ixgbe
Connect to socket: 0
memory allocation on the socket: 0
Link status: down
Link speed: 0 Mbps
Link duplex: half-duplex

- A very high RX error count is reported in testpmd (start tx_first 10;
stop):

 ---------------------- Forward statistics for port 0
 ----------------------
  RX-packets: 0              RX-dropped: 0             RX-total: 0
  RX-error: 29887428216
  RX-nombufs: 0
  TX-packets: 0              TX-dropped: 65            TX-total: 65

  ---------------------- Forward statistics for port 1
 ----------------------
  RX-packets: 0              RX-dropped: 0             RX-total: 0
  RX-error: 29887428216
  RX-nombufs: 0
  TX-packets: 0              TX-dropped: 65            TX-total: 65

I noticed that there was an email thread from a few years back that
described similar issues with the 82598 cards.

http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2016-January/032067.html

Any advice on how I could further troubleshoot these issues?  This happens
when running as both root and a non-privileged user.

Regards,
Michael Barker.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-09-12  0:14 UTC | newest]