* [dpdk-users] Maximum number of queue pairs per QAT device (using dpdk-2.2.0)
@ 2016-12-29 13:12 Chinmaya Dwibedy
From: Chinmaya Dwibedy @ 2016-12-29 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I am using the dpdk-2.2.0. I find the maximum number of queue pairs
supported by the AESNI device is equal to value of
CONFIG_RTE_AESNI_MB_PMD_MAX_NB_QUEUE_PAIRS (in
dpdk-2.2.0/config/common_linuxapp). I have created a mapping between
logical core ID and crypto device index. Also want to keep one queue per
IPsec security association (Inbound or Outbound). With this, even same core
and crypto device processes the packet of two security association (One is
inbound and another is outbound) without intermixing.

I find the max_nb_queue_pairs to be 2 (via rte_cryptodev_info_get () for
QAT device. Is there any configuration to increase the maximum number of
queue pairs per QAT device? If not , how can I use/support multiple queues
per QAT device ? Please suggest.

Note that, I have assigned 16 VFs to VM (Openstack).

Regards,

Chinmaya

* Re: [dpdk-users] Maximum number of queue pairs per QAT device (using dpdk-2.2.0)
@ 2017-01-03  5:54 ` Chinmaya Dwibedy
From: Chinmaya Dwibedy @ 2017-01-03  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi ,

Can anyone please respond to this mail ? Thank you in advance for your time
and support.

Regards,
Chinmaya

@ 2017-01-03 11:06 ` Trahe, Fiona
From: Trahe, Fiona @ 2017-01-03 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chinmaya Dwibedy, users; +Cc: Trahe, Fiona

Hi Chinmaya,

As the QAT queues are hardware elements the max is fixed and there are only 2 available for symmetric crypto.
So with 16 VFs there are 32 queue-pairs available to you.
Is 32 not enough for your use-case?
Or is there a reason you want the qps to be within the same QAT device?