* [dpdk-users] Pktgen question: range of source IP addresses
@ 2016-04-20  2:36 Marko Niinimaki
From: Marko Niinimaki @ 2016-04-20  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I'm using pktgen to create DNS query packets for internal testing (I
tweaked the source code a bit). It's certainly fast enough, but I'd need
some more functionality to build a more comprehensible DNS testing suite.
First I'd need a range of IP addresses, for instance the first DNS query
would come from 1.1.1.1, the next from 1.1.1.2 etc. As far as I know, port
X's IP is assigned only once (for instance set ip src 0 1.1.1.1/24). Is
there a clever way to change this? If you consider this a useful feature,
I'll submit the code of course.

Best regards,
Mark

* Re: [dpdk-users] Pktgen question: range of source IP addresses
@ 2016-04-20  4:42 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2016-04-20  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marko Niinimaki, users

>Hi,
>
>I'm using pktgen to create DNS query packets for internal testing (I
>tweaked the source code a bit). It's certainly fast enough, but I'd need
>some more functionality to build a more comprehensible DNS testing suite.
>First I'd need a range of IP addresses, for instance the first DNS query
>would come from 1.1.1.1, the next from 1.1.1.2 etc. As far as I know, port
>X's IP is assigned only once (for instance set ip src 0 1.1.1.1/24). Is
>there a clever way to change this? If you consider this a useful feature,
>I'll submit the code of course.

Pktgen does have the range command ‘page range’ which allows setting up the addresses to be changed on the fly have you looked at that option?

I accept just about any improvement to Pktgen, just send a patch :-)

>Best regards,
>Mark

Regards,
Keith

* Re: [dpdk-users] Pktgen question: range of source IP addresses
@ 2016-04-20  7:58   ` Marko Niinimaki
From: Marko Niinimaki @ 2016-04-20  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wiles, Keith; +Cc: users

many thanks! Now I can impress my boss without just by entering the
commands below

src.ip min 0 192.168.2.1
src.ip start 0 192.168.2.1
src.ip max 0 192.168.2.254