* [dpdk-users] DPDK application as a library
@ 2018-09-11 10:49 Amedeo Sapio
From: Amedeo Sapio @ 2018-09-11 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Dear all,
I am writing a program that uses dpdk. I wrote the program based on the
dpdk examples, in particular using the Makefile provided in the examples.
If i compile the program as an APP (as describe here
<https://doc.dpdk.org/guides-18.02/prog_guide/build_app.html>), all goes
well.
However, my code is part of a larger project, for which the use of a
separate makefile causes a lot of troubles.
So I compiled my code as a library, as described in the same page.
Now, the program that calls the functions in the library (to initialize the
EAL) is getting this error:

MBUF: error setting mempool handler
Cannot init mbuf pool

I also made an experiment with the l2fwd example. The example compiled as
an app works correctly. But if I compile it as a library and then I call
the functions in this library from another program, I get:

EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1
  Cause: No Ethernet ports - bye

I have one ethernet port using the igb_uio driver (seen from
dpdk-devbind.py). When I compile my program, I link the following
libraries: dpdk, pthread, dl, numa. DPDK is compiled from source as
described here <https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/linux_gsg/build_dpdk.html>.

Thanks for your help,

---
Amedeo