* [dpdk-users] Increasing Rx/Tx queues for i40evf driver
@ 2018-05-22  6:15 megha syam
From: megha syam @ 2018-05-22  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi All,
I am using dpdk 16.07 version.
The number queues listed by the sriov vf is 4 by default. (4 queue pairs to
be specific)
I have changed the config parameter

*CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_I40E_QUEUE_NUM_PER_VF*

to 16.
But still when the VM comes up, the number of queue pairs assigned is still
4.

In the host, the total number of VFs are 4 for the XL710 NIC.

Is there anything that needs to be done, to make VF use more number of
queues per VF?

Thanks,
Syam

* Re: [dpdk-users] Increasing Rx/Tx queues for i40evf driver
@ 2018-05-23  6:13 ` Sivakiran Kodali
From: Sivakiran Kodali @ 2018-05-23  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: megha syam; +Cc: users

Hi,
Keeping aside the fact as to why you wanna do this, the change needs to be done in PF driver that is on the host.
XL710 uses i40e driver. So change the i40e.h file as below.

#define I40E_DEFAULT_QUEUES_PER_VF 4
#define I40E_DEFAULT_QUEUES_PER_VF 16

Compile the driver and reinsert the kernel module.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

@ 2018-05-23 11:06   ` megha syam
From: megha syam @ 2018-05-23 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sivakiran Kodali; +Cc: users

HI,
Thanks for the suggestion.
I tried that and found it to be working fine now.

Thanks,
Syam