* [dpdk-users] Cannot Create mbuf pool
@ 2018-05-04  3:23 Krish
From: Krish @ 2018-05-04  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi

I am facing the following issue while trying to run VMDQ_DCB app.

"Cause: Cannot create mbuf pool"

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

* Re: [dpdk-users] Cannot Create mbuf pool
@ 2018-05-04 12:42 ` Matt Laswell
From: Matt Laswell @ 2018-05-04 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krish; +Cc: users

That message means that you're not able to allocate memory for your mbuf
pool.  Usually, it means that either:

    1. You haven't allocated enough huge page memory to hold all of the
things you've allocated (check the size of your hugepage memory and the
pools you're allocating)
    2. You don't have permission to get at the huge page memory (run as
root).

Hope this helps.

@ 2018-05-07  2:21   ` Krish
From: Krish @ 2018-05-07  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Laswell; +Cc: users

Hi Matt

Thanks for your help.

There are free hugepages and running it as root but still I am facing the
problem.
Hugepages:
HugePages_Total:    1536
HugePages_Free:      512